Last updated: 29th October 2020
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file which is stored on your device. The cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies, and the most effective way to do this is through the settings on your web browser. If you disable or decline cookies, you may not be able to access some parts of the website, and some features may not function properly or be available to you.
Some of the cookies that a user of our website may find on its browser (depending on settings) after navigating to our website are as set out below. Additional cookies may be added, and we may update or remove the cookies below from time to time.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features.
- Analytics Cookies: it is important for us to understand how you use the site, for example, how efficiently you are able to navigate around it, and what features you use. Analytics Cookies enable us to gather this information, helping us to improve the site and your experience of it.
- Performance cookies: collect information about how visitors use our websites. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website.
- Functionality cookies: are used to provide services or to remember choices you make so we can personalise our content for you.
Persistent Cookies: persistent Cookies are those which remain on your computer or device for a predetermined period and are activated each time you visit the site.
- Session Cookies: are temporary and only remain on your computer or device from the point at which you visit the site until you close your browser. Session Cookies are deleted when you close your browser.